We are looking for a project manager who can coordinate a sound team, developers, and execute products(s) from start to finish, hire and manage sound designers and co-artists. The candidate must have a general knowledge of sound and music production besides high-level project management experience. Preferred region of the applicant: Hungary.
KaranyiSounds is a boutique audio plugin company – we are crafting Kontakt instruments and VST plugins, focusing on cinematic and electronic music genres. We believe that sampling is an art form: our goal is to create sonically rich, detailed, and characteristic instruments like (or sometimes unlike) the original sound sources.
Our customers are located in California, US, Germany, UK, Japan France.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Start Date: March-April 2021 (exact date flexible)
Commitment: Full-time role: Monday–Friday, 09:00 – 17:00 (flexible depending on sessions)
Compensation: Paid Monthly
PRIMARY TASKS & OBJECTIVES
- Day-to-day management of a team of developers and sound designers running them through their project life cycle stages
- Facilitate communication between the sound designers, composers, and developers
- Communication with our international business partners/stores/distributors
- End-to-end management of developing Kontakt and VST plugins (planning, developing, testing, and releasing)
- Coordinate remote recording sessions, gathering materials
- Ensure project deadlines and budgets are met
These skills are essential for the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- 3+ years of experience in software product management with
- Excellent project management skills, extreme attention to detail
- Knowledge of production management software tools, communication platforms (Slack, Trello, etc.), and Google Workspace office suite
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Plan and consistently deliver against project schedules, identify production risks or constraints, and troubleshoot dependency problems
- As a minimum, you should be familiar with the basic use of at least one DAW (recording, editing, exporting) or music plugins in general
- A methodical approach to problem-solving
- Open to new ideas and implementation options
These skills are not essential:
- Music production (film, video game scoring, or electronic music) experience
- Be familiar with Native Instruments Kontakt and JUCE platforms
If you are interested in this job, please fill the provided Application. Thank you!