RECORDING ARTIST / CREATIVE COLLABORATOR
KaranyiSounds is a boutique audio plugin company – we are crafting exceptional quality sample collections in Kontakt format, focusing on film and video game scoring. We believe that sampling is an art form: our goal is to create sonically rich, detailed and characteristic instruments like (or sometimes unlike than) the original sound sources. We carefully select these sound sources while we also set up custom analog recording paths and rare combinations of effect chains to create unique, playable instruments. Unconventional recording techniques and sound design are as important parts of modern music production as melodies and orchestration – so we are focusing on moods and characters as well as the sound sources themselves.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
We are offering ad-hoc, short term project based contracts for our applicants.
Hours: Short term contract, part time.
Location: Online, remote job / World
Salary: in $ (based on sample amount / project)
PRIMARY TASKS & OBJECTIVES
- Creating, chopping audio samples from Cubase Pro projects or from single recording session wav / aiff files
- Editing large amounts of samples (mostly manually): chopping, fading, normalizing, volume adjustments etc.
- Organizing, tagging, bulk-naming large amounts of sound files
- Adding samples, organizing groups, zones, seamless looping samples in Kontakt 5
- Building basic instruments in Kontakt (no coding required)
- Editing, saving presets, managing Kontakt instrument collections
These skills are essential for the role:
- Fluent English
- Experience in bulk sound editing tools (in DAWs or any other apps)
- Accuracy, precision during sound editing
- Efficient work, pro time management
- As a minimum you should be an expert in the use of at least one DAW
- As a minimum you should be an expert in the use of Native Instruments Kontakt 5
- A broad knowledge of music technology
- A methodical approach to problem solving
These skills are not essential. Knowledge of the following music technology products:
- Composing (film or video game scoring) skills, or electronic music experience
- KaranyiSounds virtual instruments
- Any other Kontakt virtual instruments
- Steinberg Cubase Pro
- Steinberg WaveLab
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your short CV and some links of your references / projects you have been working on by filling the following form: