How to install Analog Tales & Nighmares snapshots?
For a quick and easy way to load/save presets, we use the Snapshots feature of NI Kontakt.
- After downloading the product, please extract the compressed file to a folder of your choice. Before opening Kontakt 6 you must do the following in order to use the presets!
(Choose a suitable location with enough free space!)
- Copy all the contents from the SNAPSHOTS folder:
3. Go to the following folder and create an “Analog Tales” OR “Analog Nightmares” (based on your purchased product) folder inside:
MAC: MacHD\Users\<your username>\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\Kontakt\Analog Tales
MAC: MacHD\Users\<your username>\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\Kontakt\Analog Nightmares
WIN: C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\Kontakt\Analog Tales
WIN: C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\Kontakt\Analog Nightmares
4. Paste the files into the newly created “Analog Tales” OR “Analog Nightmares” folder
IMPORTANT: While the instrument can be saved wherever you wish to, Snapshots should be exactly named and placed in this location.
The “product name” folder should exactly match the name of the products .nki file name. Otherwise, it won’t show up in Kontakt!
How to use snapshots (=presets)?
When the installation is complete, open Kontakt and go to the Files tab. Here, navigate to the location of your library and open the .nki file.
- Access the Snapshot view via the camera icon in the Instrument Header and switch back to the Info View by clicking the icon.
- To load a snapshot,
- Click the arrow icon next to the Snapshot name field to open the Snapshot menu.
- Click a Snapshot to load it.
- To save a snapshot
- Click the Save button (floppy disk icon).
- Enter a name for your new Snapshot in the Save dialog box.
- Click Save to finish the process and close the dialog box.
For more information on Kontakt and Snapshots, please visit Native Instruments’ detailed guide